Botox Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a widely-used and effective treatment for wrinkles and facial lines. Although the …
Dr. Steven Goldman, M.D.
Dr. Steven Goldman is a plastic surgeon at Beachwood Plastic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio, where he specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face and body. He joined Derm Collective as a medical expert and reviewer in October 2019.
As part of this work with the Derm Collective team, Dr. Goldman provides his expert knowledge on a variety of topics including skin tightening procedures and injectable fillers. This ensures that our articles are informative and factual.
Dr. Goldman is one of the few surgeons in the country that is double board-certified in Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery). Dr. Goldman has been named one of the top surgeons in the country in Consumers' Research Council of America’s Guide to America's Top Surgeons and Marquis Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare.
He is a fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldman is a member of many professional organizations including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNSF) and the American Rhinologic Society (ARS).
- Undergraduate: B.A. in chemistry, with Honors. Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire (1985-1989).
- Graduate Studies: M.D. University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1989-1993).
- Surgical Internship: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1993-1994).
- Otolaryngology Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1994-1998).
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio (1998-2000).
- Chin J and Goldman SA. Purification of squid synaptic vesicles and characterization of the proteins synaptobrevin and Rab3A. Brain Research. 571:89-96. 1992.
- Rimell F, Shapiro A, Meza M.Godman SA, Hite S and Newman B. Magnetic resonance imaging of the pediatric airway. Archives of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery, 123: 999-1003. 1997.
- Goldman SA, Rimell F, Meza M, and Newman B. Diagnosis and management of left main stem bronchus compression. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology. 106: 461-465. 1997.
- Goldman SA, Scoleri P, Siegfried J, Aydogen B, and Cass S. The effect of acidic fibroblast growth factor and live yeast cell derivative of tympanic membrane regeneration in a rat model. Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. 117(6): 616-621.
- Goldman SA, Ankersterjne J, Welker K, and Chen D. Fatal meningitis and brain abscess resulting from foreign body-induced otomastoiditis. Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. 118(1): 6-8. 1998.
- Goldman SA, Baker E, Weyant R, Clarke M, Myers J, and Lotze M. Peritumoral CD1 a-positive dendritic cells are associated with improved survival in patients with tongue carcinoma. Archives of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. 124(6): 641-646. 1998.
- Arriaga MA and Goldman SA. Hearing results of intratympanic steroid treatment of endolymphatic hydrops. The Laryngoscope. 108(11 pt.1): 1682-85. 1998.
- Synderman CH, Goldman SA, Carrau RL, Ferguson BJ, Grandis JR. Endoscopic sphenopalatine artery ligation is an effective method of treatment for posterior epistaxis. Amer. J. Rhinol. 13: 137-140. 1999.
- Goldman SA, and Ferguson BJ. Endoscopic nasal polypectomy performed under local anesthesia in the office setting using a powered microdebrider.
- Bascom DA, Goldman SA, Galati LT, Johnson JT. Obstructive sleep apnea following conservation laryngeal surgery.
- Goldman SA, Synderman CH, Carrau RL. Endoscopic sphenopalatine artery ligation is the most cost effective method of treatment of posterior epistaxis.
- Goldman SA and Carrau RL. Fractures of the midface and upper face. In El tratado de Otorrinolaringologia y circugi de cabeo y cuello. Proyectos Medicos, S.L. Guadalajara, Spain. 2001.
- Goldman Sa and Luce EA. Head and neck cancer. In Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2nd ed.). W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA. 2004.
Facial cleansers can greatly improve your skin by clearing away excess oils, impurities and debrisMany are formulated to …
Collagen loss and reduced amounts of facial fat are primary reasons for age-related drooping and sagging of the skin in …
Skin tightening procedures can be noninvasive, minimally invasive or surgical.Noninvasive skin tightening procedures are …
Aging, sun exposure and smoking reduces collagen and elastin production within the body, causing loose, sagging, …