- TruSculpt Flex is a body sculpting treatment that simulates exercise to strengthen and tone your muscles
- The treatment requires no downtime, with results most visible after 8–12 weeks
- Most people schedule a series of 4 sessions, with optional follow-ups
What is TruSculpt Flex?
TruSculpt Flex is a body sculpting treatment that uses electrical muscle stimulation to strengthen, firm and tone your muscles.
The treatment delivers bioelectrical wavelengths that stimulate muscles to replicate high-intensity exercise, generating 54,000 muscle contractions per session. Its Multi-Directional Stimulation (MDS) technology was developed by the manufacturer, Cutera, to replicate twisting, squatting, and crunching actions.
TruSculpt Flex individually targets eight specific muscle groups in the body–more than competing muscle sculpting devices such as EmSculpt.
TruSculpt Flex Benefits
- Strengthens and tones the abdomen, obliques, buttocks and thighs
- Builds muscle mass
- Improves range of motion, flexibility and endurance
- Is noninvasive and painless with zero downtime
Does TruSculpt Flex Work?
Although data on TruSculpt is limited, one pilot study found promising results among 26 patients who underwent 4 treatment sessions.
All participants had statistically significant improved static and dynamic endurance, and 92% were “satisfied or very satisfied” with their increased abdominal and quadriceps strength 8 weeks post-treatment.
Additionally, a small clinical trial conducted by Cutera found a 30% average increase in muscle mass and modest fat reduction in patients who underwent 6 treatment sessions.
Before and Afters
Are You a Good Candidate for TruSculpt Flex?
Ideal TruSculpt Flex candidates are healthy adults who want to gain muscle mass and strength. The treatment is suitable for all body types and fitness levels.
Highly customizable, TruSculpt Flex can build strength in the:
- Thighs (inner and outer)
Although most people are eligible for TruSculpt Flex, it does have a few contraindications. They include:
- Epilepsy and other medical conditions
- Pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators or other electronic implants
- Metal implants, wounds, lesions or tumors in the treatment area
Your provider will complete a full medical exam prior to treatment. At this consultation, they’ll measure your muscle thickness to personalize your treatment and ensure that TruSculpt Flex is a good fit for you.
What to Expect From Your TruSculpt Flex Treatment
Arrive at your appointment with the treatment area clean of any topical products such as moisturizer or makeup. If the area has hair, shave it prior to treatment so the applicators can make full contact with your skin. Remove all jewelry and body piercings near the treatment area.
First, your provider will apply transparent, adhesive return pads to the treatment area. Then,
they’ll place the applicators on top of the pads and start administering the monopolar radiofrequency energy.
A TruSculpt Flex treatment session has three phases.
- Prep Mode – Warm up and stretch your muscles. Slow twisting motions prepare the muscles for faster contractions, maximizing your results.
- Tone Mode – Increase endurance and core strength. A series of prolonged contractions hold your muscles to the point of exhaustion, then allow them to relax.
- Sculpt Mode – Break down and build muscle fibers. Fast, deep, sequential contractions simulate high-intensity exercise and increase your basal metabolic rate.
The process is painless–it will feel like your muscles are moving on their own–and lasts 15–45 minutes.
After your treatment, drink plenty of water. Avoid exercise in the treatment area for 12 hours; otherwise, you can return to your normal activities.
You may experience mild side effects, including transient redness, swelling and muscle soreness. An increased metabolic rate will give you more energy and possibly cause you to feel hungrier than usual. These side effects typically resolve within 24–72 hours..
For an initial treatment plan, most people schedule a series of four TruSculpt Flex 45-minute sessions over the course of two weeks. You’ll start seeing results a few days after the first treatment, but the greatest results will be noticeable 8–12 weeks later. You’ll notice visual changes, increased stamina and greater flexibility.
To maintain your improved muscle mass and tone, start or continue a dedicated exercise regimen.
TruSculpt Flex is a muscle-building treatment that uses electrical wavelengths to simulate exercise. Suitable for all fitness levels and body types, it quickly increases muscle mass, thickness and tone with no downtime.
Side effects are mild and include temporary redness, swelling and muscle soreness.
- Spring LK, Petrell K, Depina J, Dover JS. Use of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation for Abdominal and Quadriceps Muscle Strengthening: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Dermatol Surg. 2022;48(3):334-338. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000003368
- Ronan SJ. A Novel Bio-Electric Current Stimulation Device For Improvement Of Muscle Tone. 2019. https://www.aestheticsnow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/truSculpt-flex-Safety-and-Efficacy-Whitepaper-1.pdf