Photorejuvenation treats sun-damaged skin as well as other common skin issues using broad-spectrum light …
Dr. Rafi Fredman, M.D.
Dr. Rafi Fredman is the chief resident at the University of North Carolina (UNC) where he is currently completing a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery. In his role at UNC, he performs complex reconstructive surgeries in addition to training residents in his program. Dr. Fredman joined Derm Collective as a medical expert and reviewer in October 2019.
As part of our Derm Collective team, Dr. Fredman provides his expert opinion to help craft reliable and informative articles on topics such as frown lines and dark under-eye circles. He also reviews articles on aesthetic treatments to ensure they are accurate and provide the most up-to-date information.
Since 2015, he has served as the UNC’s Resident Representative to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and Young Plastic Surgeons (YPS) Forum. He is also a Candidate Member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (SESPRS).
Dr. Fredman will be opening a private practice plastic surgery in St. Louis, Missouri in the summer of 2020.
- Undergraduate: B.Sc. Human Physiology, First in Class, Boston University, Massachusetts (2010).
- Graduate Studies: M.D., Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel (2014).
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency: Chief Resident at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina (2014-2020).
- Fredman R, Katz A, Hultman CS. Fat Grafting for Burn, Traumatic, and Surgical Scars. Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 2017. 44: 781-791.
- Fredman R, Edkins RE, Hultman CS. Fat Grafting for Neuropathic Pain After Severe Burns. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 2015.76: S298-303.
- Fredman R, Wiser I, Friedman T, Karni T, Heller L. Skin-sparing mastectomy flap ischemia salvage using urgent hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy. Journal of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, 2014;1:145-7.
- Fredman R, Tenenhaus M. Cushing’s syndrome after intralesional triamcinolone acetonide: A systematic review of the literature and multinational survey. Burns 2013;39:549-557.
- Fredman R, Tenenhaus M. Elephantiasis Nostras Verrucosa. ePlasty, Open Access Journal of Plastic Surgery 2012;12: ic14.
Books and chapters
- Fredman R, Roughton M. “DTI Pre-Pectoral Reconstruction with Round Implants.” Pre-Pectoral Techniques in Reconstructive Breast Surgery. Editors: Allen Gabriel and Maurice Nahabedian, 2018. In Press.
- Fredman R. “Facial Augmentation With Structural Fat Grafting.” 50 Studies Every Plastic Surgeon Should Know. Editor: C Scott Hultman. CRC Press, 2015. 309-312.Print.
Dark circles are a result of either hyperpigmentation or visible veins beneath the eyes.There are a wide range of …